- This face and body oil is non toxic (free of harsh chemicals). It is a light, non greasy blend of oils and suitable for all skin types, including problematic, aging, oily/sensitive skin types.
- The oil helps balance the needs of the skin, while acting as a mild sun protectant. Stress is a significant cause of modern day skin problems like acne and rapid aging. 'Abhyanga' or self massage using warm oils (warmed up by rubbing between your palms), is a great way to reduce stress. Whether massaged onto the face, or all over the body, the act of self care massage not only calms the nerves, it detoxifies the body, increases circulation, promotes toning of the body and pacifies one’s mood.
How to Use it: Apply 4-5 drops on the tip of your fingers and massage onto face and neck. Apply both day and night. For the body, massage the oil all over by rubbing it into the palm of your hands to warm it. For best results apply right before a shower or bath. Apply daily for maximum benefits.
- The oil has an earthy smell when first applied to the skin. But it gets completely absorbed into the skin, leaving no greasy residue or fragrance.
- The key herb is Dhatelo seed oil from a shrub found on the hillsides of Nepal. The latest clinical study shows that the moisturizing property of Dhatelo oil has a long lasting effect. The seed oil is also rubefacient, bringing blood to the area where it is topically applied. This increases blood flow to the area aids in cleansing and nourishing the skin.
More background on Dhatelo Oil: Traditional uses by the Nepalese include: applying externally as sun protection; as a treatment for rheumatism and muscular pain caused by hard work; to the forehead for the treatment of coughs and colds; applied as a poultice to the abdomen for the treatment of stomach ache. A paste of the seed cake used as a poultice to treat ringworm or eczema.
Dhatelo plants possess spines/thorns in the stem and branches and therefore, it is somewhat difficult to harvest fruits. The harvester picks the fruits of less bushy plants with bare hands, and collect fruits of a bushy canopy using sticks and sickles. Females are mainly involved in the collection of berries and children also assist to gather the fruits from the ground. The fruits are collected in hand woven baskets made from Himalayan bamboo.
- Always use a patch test if you suspect you’re sensitive to a particular oil. (The founder cares for her customers! So she includes a free sample sized product with the full sized product purchased. Please test out the sample sized version first and be sure it works for you).
Comedogenic Ratings (pore blocking/acne, Lower is better) -
Oils are a natural way to deliver fatty acids and nutrients to your skin. People with acne tend to have a deficiency of linoleic acid in their skin. So facial oils give a boost of hydration and even people with oily skin can benefit from using them. Using oils on oily skin can help regulate sebum production (as long as they are oils that will not clog your pores/low comedogenic ratings). The oils used in this blend are non comedogenic (wild flax/camelina oil), are great for acne given their natural benefits (lemongrass oil, orange oil) or have low Comedogenic ratings of 2 (sunflower, sesame oils).
- Customer reviews – This product was launched last month and reviews are slowly coming in. We got lucky to give you an early preview of this wonderful, clean product!
- “I have used the Skinveda Abhyanga Youth Oil for a few weeks now, and I love the moisturizing and gentle feel of the oil. It doesn't sit on the skin, gets absorbed right away, and is non-greasy (unlike other oils). The moisturizing effects last throughout the day. I would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for an organic and chemical-free moisturizer! Also, I have mixed the oil with the Skinveda Moisturizer for maximum effect. Navneet S”.
- “I have really enjoyed using Skinveda products. I am 53 and my face is clearer and more even toned than it’s been since my 30s. I especially love that my face and next are moisturized without the shine I have seen in the past. As I work towards better health I am looking forward to using other products that will improve the appearance of my skin & body. Thank you Shilpi for your passion for people, and to provide a quality product. May you have continued success. Sheila, Dallas, Texas.”
- ”I was pleasantly surprised after using this product for a few days at how smooth and clear my skin looked. My skin felt soft and had a subtle glow to it. I would encourage anyone who is looking for an eco friendly and chemical free product to try this. This product uses the best quality Ayurvedic ingredients which makes it uniquely different than what’s currently available. New Mommy (Amazon.com)
- Social Responsibility
- Cruelty free
- Gluten free
- PETA certified
- Environmentally Friendly
- Completely vegan.
- Recyclable packaging (glass & paper).
- Key Herb: Dhatelo oil (Botanical name: Prinsepia utilis Royle; Family: Rosaceae) - from Dhatelo, a deciduous shrub native to Nepal.
- Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil
- Sesamum indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil
- Prinsepia utilis (Dhatelo) Seed Oil
- Camelina sativa (Wild Flax) Seed Oil
- Crocus sativus (Saffron) Flower extract
- Curcuma longa (Turmeric) Root Extract
- Citrus aurantium (Orange) Oil
- Cymbopogon schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil
* This product description contains general information about medical conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such. It is provided to you as available information about this product. You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.