Dr Bronner's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
VALUE (Product Type; Price-to-size, Quality): Moderate.
- This virgin (unrefined) coconut oil hits our major checks for ingredients, sourcing & quality. Unrefined means the product retains its natural nutritional qualities. Coconut oil has multiple purposes like for cooking, makeup removal. And for eczema care.li>
- This product is non-hydrogenated, certified organic, vegan, organic, fair trade sourcing and rated highly by customers who have used it.
- It is food grade so can be used for cooking. But it can also be a treatment for dry skin and eczema.
- How to use it:
- In general, Dr Bronner's recommends using their body care product within three years of purchase. Soaps are self-preserving, but because Dr Bronner's products are biodegradable, it’s best to not leave them on the shelf for too long, as they may start to lose strength.
- Take some coconut oil on your palm. Then rub your palms together, and onto the desired area of the skin
- You only need a small portion to create a protective shield that will last for a long time. (If too much is applied, it can get greasy)
- Customer Reviews Verified with Fakespot (Amazon): 4.7/5 (88% 5 stars)
- Approved by the Soil Association - Ingredients are 100% Organic & 100% Natural.
- Comedogenic (ingredient ratings on blocking pores): 4 = High
- USDA certification
- Certified KOSHER product (another indication of quality)
- Leaping Bunny certified (means no animal cruelty, no animal testing)
- Coconut oil rates very high on the comedogenic scale (see more details) so it is not good for acne prone skin.
- Coconut is not a botanical nut; it is classified as a fruit, even though the Food and Drug Administration recognizes coconut as a tree nut. However for tree nut allergies, consult a doctor before adding coconut oil to your routine (see more details).
- For babies, easier skin absorption, try fractionated coconut oil (very high content of Capric acid and Caprylic acid, also making it an amazing disinfectant and antioxidant).
- NUT-FREE MANUFACTURING?
- Dr Bronner coconut oils are produced and bottled in nut-free facilities with equipment used exclusively for our coconut oils.
- While allergic reactions to coconut have been documented, most people who are allergic to tree nuts can safely eat coconut.
- Certified Vegan by Vegan Action
- Sourcing - food-grade organic coconut oil for premium White and Whole Kernel Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO) from organic farms in Sri Lanka & Kenya
- Saturated fatty acids: Most of them are medium chain triglycerides, which are supposed to assimilate well in the body’s systems.
- Lauric acid: It is the chief contributor, representing more than 40% of the total, followed by capric acid, caprylic acid, myristic acid and palmitic. The human body converts lauric acid into monolaurin. Lauric acid is helpful in dealing with viruses and diseases.
- Capric acid: It reacts with certain enzymes secreted by other bacteria, which subsequently convert it into a powerful antimicrobial agent, monocaprin.
- Caprylic acid, caproic acid and myristic acid: They are rich in antimicrobial and antifungal properties
- Unsaturated fatty acids: Polyunsaturated fatty acids- linoleic acid, monounsaturated fatty acids- Oleic acid
- Poly-phenols: Coconut contains Gallic acid, which is also known as phenolic acid. These polyphenols are responsible for the fragrance and the taste of coconut oil and Virgin Coconut Oil is rich in these polyphenols.
- Derivatives of fatty acid: Betaines, ethanolamide, ethoxylates, fatty esters, fatty polysorbates, monoglycerides and polyol esters.
- Derivatives of fatty alcohols: Fatty chlorides, fatty alcohol sulphate and fatty alcohol ether sulphate.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Vitamin E, vitamin K and minerals such as iron.
CLICK HERE TO BUY
* This product description contains general information about medical conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such. It is provided to you as available information about this product. You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
View full product details