We care about educating
The Clear Scoop focuses on educating consumers regularly and practically, about ingredients suitable for skin health or wellness goals.
We work on educational platforms, through private and public channels. Our educational focus is on vulnerable target populations to help with wellness through prevention. We believe that when people understand easily, they can make better decisions, quickly. Our practical tips are actionable helping know how to make quick, right choices.
Our goal is to not only help raise awareness, practically make relevant products accessible, but also contribute to better ways to stay environmentally well.
Our current curation covers the following. Additional references will be continue to be added as we cover more needs & conditions.
- We choose products with strong benefits
- Ingredients do not use EDCs, or other harmful chemicals. (In some cases we may "list" a product transparently, describing strong benefits even with exposure to a possibly hazardous chemical. This is only to enable our customers with the biggest challenges, to make their own informed choices)
- As needed, and if available - Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Other credible sources including NIH (National Institute of Health), Natural Medicine Journal etc.
Quality - Ratings, Certifications*
EWG Ratings - Ingredient health toxicity on a 1-10 scale. Lower is better.
EWG Verified - US Certification of product ingredients
- Research Papers - peer reviewed papers published in reputed science journals
CosIng - EU Cosmetics Ingredients database
ECOCert - Natural and Organic certification
- Other certifications by product category - as established by a credible government or non profit agency
- Comedogenic - ingredients or products that can clog pores promoting acne causing bacteria and skin blemishes. A problem for both men & women.
- Customer Reviews
- Amazon - as reviewed by Fakespot (verifies fake vs genuine reviews using its algorithm)
- Others, if not available on Amazon.
- Blogger/vlogger Reviews
- Included with products from popular sources
Company Values & Practices
- Socially responsible (vegan, animal cruelty etc)
- Environmentally friendly (packaging, other business practices)