Apoterra Night Treatment with Chamomile + Sea Buckthorn -
- Apoterra skincare specializes in making products that heal dry or combination skin and which is break out prone. This night treatment product uses ingredients suitable for sensitive, acne prone skin. This serum delivers high levels of antioxidants, rare fatty acids, gentle exfoliation and strong anti-inflammatory botanicals, helping heal, reduce blemishes and brighten skin.
- This is an oil. Counterintuitively, some oils work wonders with acne prone skin. This is an unusual non-drying option for acne, gently exfoliating to prevent clogged pores. Applied overnight, it helps fight inflammation, while also improving elasticity.
- The herbal fragrance is from essential oils, with great toxicity ratings.
- It is gluten-free per the product maker.
- Always use a patch test if you suspect you’re sensitive to a particular oil. Below are generalized pointers.
- Sea Buckthorn Oil – Not enough is known about safety of certain oils extracted from fruits. Per WebMD, this oils has been safely used in scientific studies lasting up to 90 days.
- Tamanu Oil - Tamanu oil has been used for centuries for many uses, healing and otherwise. But for a few people allergic to plants in the Clusiaceae family (found in tropical climates), it may cause hypersensitivity reactions.
- EWG Skindeep (Ingredient toxicity, on 1-10 scale. Lower is better) – 1
- Comedogenic Ratings (for acne, Lower is better) - Prickly Pear Seed Oil – 0; Sea Buckthorn Oil – 1; German (Blue) Chamomile Oil - 0
- Customer reviews (Apoterra site) - Reviewed very positively.
- Social Responsibility
- Vegan. Leaping Bunny Cruelty Free Certified. Work with some small farms and distilleries, and source organic and fair trade when possible.
- Environmentally Friendly
- Non-toxic, easily recyclable glass packaging.
- Non GMO; 85% certified organic ingredients.
- No synthetic, known to be health harming preservatives used.
- Carthamus tinctorius (safflower) oil* infused with Camellia sinensis (green tea)* and Thymus vulgaris (thyme)*
- Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil* infused with Matricaria recutita (chamomile)*
- Calendula officinalis*
- Symphytum officinale (comfrey)*
- Vitis vinifera (grapeseed) oil*
- Oenothera biennis (evening primrose) oil*
- Punica granatum (pomegranate) oil
- Hippophae rhamnoides (sea buckthorn) oil*
- Calophyllum inophyllum (tamanu) oil*
- Opuntia ficus indica (prickly pear) seed oil*
- Ubiquinone (CoQ10)
- Sucrose (sugar) extract*
- tocopherols (non-GMO vitamin E)*
- Sambucus nigra (elderberry) fruit extract
- Matricaria recutita (blue chamomile) essential oil - German chamomile oil has antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties making it perfect for sensitive skin prone to inflamation and breakouts.
- Helichrysum italicum (Immortelle) essential oil - “According to medical studies, helichrysum oil has strong antibiotic and antimicrobial properties that make it a great natural cure for acne, for it works without drying the skin or causing redness and other unwanted side effects (like the ones by harsh chemical acne treatments or medications).” Dr Axe.
- Boswellia carteri (frankincense) essential oil ∆
- Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) essential oil*
- clarifying essential oil blend*, *certified organic ∆wildcrafted
* This product description contains general information about medical conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such. It is provided to you as available information about this product. You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
View full product details